There is no shortage of skin care products in the market today. From serums to creams to pills, all these beauty products promise the world to us. Unfortunately, most of these products fall short of what they promise, so it all just turns out to be a complete waste of money. Everyone wants to have beautiful skin and it’s so sad that a lot of women, as well as men fall into the marketing ploys of these beauty companies. Unknown to many, there is no single beauty product in the market that can miraculously make our skin beautiful in seven days. To achieve beautiful skin, we must take care of the five basic needs of our skin. Here are some of them.
1. Moisture. It is very important to moisturize our skin to keep our skin healthy and beautiful. Besides, did you know that our skin is composed of sixty to seventy percent water? We must maintain this hydration percentage or else our skin will get dry which will just pave the way for more skin problems.
2. Nutrition. What you put inside your body will definitely reflect on the outside. So if you drink a lot of alcohol, if you smoke and eat a lot of junk, then it will definitely be reflected on your skin. The key to looking beautiful outside is what you put on the inside. Eat well, take skin friendly supplements and adapt healthy lifestyle habits to achieve beautiful skin.
3. Fresh oxygen. Our cells need fresh oxygen to keep our skin looking luminous and radiant. It detoxifies the skin and transports the essential nutrients that our skin needs to keep it healthy. As you might have noticed, some facial treatments incorporate oxygen therapy because fresh oxygen is really beneficial for the skin. Oxygen bars are also gaining a lot of popularity because it helps beautify the skin.
4. Sun protection. The sun’s UV rays is the primary culprit of premature skin aging. It damages the skin cells at a cellular level, making our skin age faster than it’s supposed to be. To prevent this, we must always stay protected by wearing sunscreen every day, no matter what the weather may be.
5. Collagen. Collagen is the one responsible in keeping our skin plump and youthful. Unfortunately, as we age, our collagen production decreases which causes our skin to look sallow over time. To maintain the production of collagen, it’s good to undergo anti aging facial treatments at least once a month to help stimulate and promote collagen production.